All persons using the Piru Holding LLC Shooting Range designated for Tactical Training must please:
- Carefully read and understand the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement (all persons going on the Shooting Range shall be bound the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement) attached as Exhibit “A”;
- Carefully read and understand the Firearm Shooting Range Use Safety Rules attached as Exhibit “B”.
- Complete the Applicant Information requested on the last page, and then sign and date also on the last page. Please then return “this Document”, with Exhibits “A” and “B”, to the Range Office for processing.
Release and Hold Harmless Agreement PIRU HOLDINGS LLC
All persons going on the Shooting Range shall be bound by this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
- 1. Defining Tactical Training. There are many types of specialized tactical training and they are identified by a number of commonly accepted names. Piru Holding LLC Tactical Training Division programs are customized for all levels of trainees from no experience, intermediate experience to experts. The focus of the Piru Holding LLC Tactical Training Division is a practical, physical military-type of self-defense and offensive maneuvers based on the use of reflexive responses to threatening situations which includes: Krav Maga (Contact Combat), martial arts, boxing, wrestling, street-type fighting, situational awareness, position and obstacle shooting (standard and unorthodox and static and moving including from vehicles), stress shooting, use of weapons, as well as movement drills with live fire, using multiple firearms and the like (collectively, referred to as “Tactical Training”).
2 Acknowledgement of Danger. I acknowledge that engaging in Tactical Training is extremely dangerous. I further acknowledge that no matter what precautions I may take, including but not limited to the wearing of various types of protective gear (including hearing and eye protection), that I could experience an injury of a very serious nature, become disabled and/or die as a result of an accident or incident. I, therefore, engage in such activities voluntarily and at my own risk.
- 3. Assumption of Risks. I acknowledge and represent that I am familiar with the significant risks and dangerous nature, including but not limited to causing death, serious bodily injury or permanent disability to myself and others, and causing damage(s) to property, which originates from participating and otherwise engaging in Tactical Training. I hereby assume any and all responsibilities and liabilities pertaining to such risks and dangers, whether to myself or to others and without limitation or qualification. There have not been any express or implied representations to me on behalf of Piru Holdings LLC except as set forth in this Agreement. If I am unwilling or unable to accept such dangers and risks, then I shall not engage in Tactical Training at the Shooting Range.
- 4. Physical and Mental Condition. I warrant and represent that at the time of signing this Document, I am in sufficient physical and mental condition to engage in Tactical Training. I agree to notify, in writing, Piru Holdings LLC if there is a change in my physical and mental condition.
- 5. Condition of Equipment. I warrant and represent that I have, prior to engaging in any Tactical Training at the Shooting Range, determined that, by professional standards, my shooting equipment, ammunition any other type of weapon and all related gear are in good condition and suitable for Tactical Training contemplated by this Release Agreement. If I rent from Piru Holding LLC a firearm, any other type of weapon or related gear, I understand and agree that I am solely responsible for inspecting all rentals to be in good condition and suitable for Tactical Training contemplated by this Release Agreement. Any ammunition purchased or obtained from Piru Holdings LLC will only be used at its Shooting Range.
- 6. Comprehensive Release. I do hereby, on behalf of myself and my heirs executors, administrators, assigns and legal and personal representatives, unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge forever Piru Holdings LLC and Even Management Corporation, their successors, assigns, owners, members, managers, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, independent contractors, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each, every and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with any of them (collectively, “Released Parties”) on all matters and consequences contemplated by this Release Agreement. I further do hereby on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns and legal and personal representatives agree not to sue, or otherwise initiate legal, equitable or similar action, or to otherwise file a complaint or other action for controversy resolution or otherwise seek losses, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, fixed or contingent, including without limitation, wrongful death, and any and all personal injuries including any type of disability, known or unknown, and death and/or personal injuries to third parties including any type of disability, and injuries to property, real or personal, known or unknown, against any of the Released Parties, caused by any reason whatsoever related to my Tactical Training at the Shooting Range or about the premises and/or facilities of the Shooting Range. This Release shall pertain to any claims which were known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated at the time of the execution of this Document, including any information of any nature which, if known by me on the date of said execution, may have materially affected my decision to execute this Document and specifically this Release.
- 7. WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542. I acknowledge and agree that by reason of the Release set forth in paragraph 6 above, I am assuming all risk of bodily injury including any disability, death or property damage and all other unknown and unanticipated claims, and I agree that my Release of all Released Parties contained in this Release applies thereto. In connection therewith, I expressly waive whatever benefits I may have under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which reads as follows: “A General Release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- 8. Indemnity. I hereby indemnify, without qualification or limitation, the Released Parties and defend and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands or charges of every kind and nature, which any third party or person may claim to have or to hold for property damage or personal injuries or any other damages including death and any type of disability, arising from any cause or reason, of every kind and nature pertaining to this Release Agreement originating from my relationship with any of the Released Parties and any activity directly or indirectly arising from or contemplated by this Release Agreement.
- 9. Video/Photograph Release.
- All activities on the Shooting Range may be photographed and/or video recorded. Piru Holdings LLC reserved the right to send marketing and advertising materials to your email address of record.
- I grant to Piru Holdings LLC the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on websites and in publications, promotional flyers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other purpose without compensation to me.
- I understand and agree that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. I also understand and agree that I may be identified by name and/or title in print, Internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. I waive the right to approve the final product. I agree that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the Company.
- I hereby release, acquit and forever discharge Piru Holdings LLC, Even Management Corporation, their agents, officers, manager, members, employees and assignees from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
- Competent to Contract. I warrant that I am eighteen (18) years old or more and competent to contract in my own name or, if I am less than eighteen years old, that my parent or legal guardian has signed this Document, above, on my behalf. This Release is binding on me and my heirs, assigns, agents, employees and personal representatives
- 11. Governing Law; Attorney’s Fees. This Release Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Should any party to this Agreement institute any action or proceeding against the other party, at law or in equity, or in connection with an arbitration, in connection with this Release Agreement, the prevailing party of such action shall be entitled to recover from the losing party or parties all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs for service rendered to the prevailing party in such action or proceeding.
- 12. Additional Regulations. I have read and understand, and I agree to follow the regulations set forth in the separate document entitled “Firearm Shooting Range Safety Use Rules,” attached as Exhibit “B” and incorporated herein by this reference.
My signature on this Document, on the last page, evidence that I have read this entire Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it completely and agree to be bound by its terms. If this Document is being executed by me as a legal guardian on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years, then all provisions of this Release Agreement shall pertain to the Minor(s) named under the Applicant’s Information section of this Document.
FIREARM SHOOTING RANGE SAFETY RULES PIRU HOLDINGS LLC
The following safety rules shall be applicable, and strictly adhered, to by everyone who enters the Piru Holdings LLC Shooting Range (the “Range”):
- The Range shall be used for the sole purpose of the Piru Holding LLC Tactical Training Division programs and for no other purpose without the express written consent of Piru Holdings LLC, which consent may be withheld in the sole discretion of Piru Holdings LLC.
- All federal, state and local firearm laws must be obeyed.
- All persons going on the Range must check in at the office and complete a “Release and Hold Harmless Agreement” form prior to entering the Range. Parents or Guardians (at least 18 years of age) must execute the Release Agreement on behalf any minor under the age of 18.
- No persons under eight (8) years of age are allowed on any part of the Range.
- Patrons are responsible for their children and guests at all times, while on Range property.
- Parents or guardians must be within arm’s reach at all times of persons age 8 through 21 years, both on and off the Range.
- All persons, whether shooting or not during the shooting periods, MUST use EYE and HEARING protection while on the firing lines, to include using optical equipment (scopes and binoculars). Please remove your hearing protection during the cease-fires in order to hear the Line Officer’s instructions.
- Shirts and shoes are required to be worn on the Range at all times. High necklines are recommended to avoid burns from hot ejected brass casings. Open toe shoes, low cut shirts, or pants worn below the waist are not allowed.
- NO alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed on the premises of the Range, including but not limited to the parking lot and picnic areas. No one will be allowed to use or otherwise be on the premises of the Range if he/she is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. The Range staff members will bar anyone believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- No smoking, food or drinks in the Range at any time. No smoking in the picnic area.
- All firearms brought into the Range must be completely UNLOADED!
- All firearms and ammunition are subject to inspection by the Range staff members. Confiscated ammo will be secured in the office to be returned to the shooter at the completion of their shooting day. Unclaimed ammo will be disposed of after one week.
- ABSOLUTELY NO steel jacket or steel core ammunition (armor piercing, incendiary rounds, tracer rounds) or bi-metal rounds may be used or on the Range at any time.
- Targets may be brought into the range ONLY if approved by the Range staff members. Targets are available for sale at the main counter.
- No firearms are permitted in the Range Office at any time Exceptions are only made for law enforcement officers who visibly display an ID or badge while on duty.
- No concealed or holstered firearms are permitted unless carried by an on-duty law enforcement officer, displaying their ID’s or badges at all times.
- Weapons must be discharged at targets only as expressly permitted by Piru Holding LLC.
- Load and unload weapons only in those areas expressly designated by Piru Holding LLC.
- DO NOT leave additional firearms unattended. All uncased firearms must be unloaded with the barrels pointed in a safe direction.
- Do not bring any loaded or jammed weapons off the Range for any reason. If there is a problem with a firearm, lay the weapon down on the ground, pointed in a safe direction, and notify a Line Officer or the Range staff member. NEVER force ammunition into any firearm.
- NO rapid-fire is permitted. Allow at least one second between shots. (Except as expressly permitted by Piru Holding LLC).
- No cross shooting allowed.
- No weapons may be removed from the case until at the area designated by Piru Holding LLC.
- NEVER HAND A LOADED FIREARM TO ANYONE! If you transfer a firearm to another individual, it must be unloaded, clips or magazines removed, cylinders opened, and levers or actions open. If you are not actively shooting your firearm(s) or leaving them unattended, leave them in an unloaded, safe condition.
- The command “CEASE FIRE” means stop shooting IMMEDIATELY! There may be extenuating circumstances for a Cease Fire without our usual one minute warning. When “CEASE FIRE” is announced STOP SHOOTING! On this command, unload your weapon, open action, lay weapon down pointed in a safe direction, and step back from the fire line. Do not move back to the fire line for any reason until cleared to do so by the Range staff member or Line Officer.
- Rental weapons must be used with range ammunition only.
- Any person seen firing at lights, target hangers or other range property or equipment shall have all privileges and use of Range amenities/facilities immediately suspended and shall be reported to the proper authorities for appropriate action. Firing at boxes, cups, or objects other than approved targets is prohibited. All patrons will be held accountable for and will pay for any damage he/she (and/or his/her guests) causes, including replacement and installation charges.
- If you are caught firing or damaging electrical lines or transformers, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- If shooting a 50 cal BMG or equivalent calibers (ie – 510 DTC, 416 Barrett) at the steel targets, you may utilize the red targets on the 600-yard range ONLY.
- NEVER step away from the area designated by Piru Holding LLC while holding a loaded firearm.
- Except otherwise expressly permitted by Piru Holding LLC, if you must move about the Range with your firearm, you must carry it unloaded, with the action or lever open, and the muzzle up unless cased.
- BRASS COLLECTION POLICY – Police your own brass. CLEAN after usage. You may ONLY collect spent brass that is your own. You may not take brass from any buckets that may be secured to any po VISITORS MAY NOT take or ask for brass from other shooters or anywhere else on the ranges. Exceptions CAN ONLY be granted by a Senior Line Officer.
- Cleaning of firearms is allowed ONLY in the area designated by Piru Holding LLC. You must clean the ground of all cleaning patches
- NEVER THROW LIVE ROUNDS anywhere on the RANGE!! If you must dispose of any live rounds, bring them to the counter. You may also give them to any Range staff member for disposal.
- Piru Holdings LLC, Even Management Corporation, and their staff are not responsible for any of your property that is damaged or lost while on the premises of the Range. Any property left anywhere on the premises of the Range becomes the property of Piru Holdings LLC.
- No animals are allowed on any of the ranges, with the exception of service dogs. DO NOT tie up your animal(s) in the picnic ar This is for your animal’s safety. Piru Holdings LLC and Even Management Corporation WILL NOT be held responsible for what may happen to your animal should it escape from its tether, nor are animals to be left unattended in your automobile BY LAW.
- Fish and Game or any other appropriate law enforcement agencies will be called if any animal is shot on our property. All animals are protected by law. If you encounter a rattlesnake, do not attempt to kill or capture it. Notify a Line Officer or the Range staff member.
- Pregnant and/or nursing women must first consult with their doctor before going to the Range. Piru Holdings LLC and its staff assume no liability for any harm, or potential harm, caused to the pregnant and/or nursing women or their babies.
- Photographing shooters who are not part of your party IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED without their consent
IF IN DOUBT REGARDING ANY OF OUR RULES, PLEASE ASK ANY OF THE LINE OFFICERS OR RANGE MASTER ON DUTY IN THE RANGE OFFICE.
By Signing this document and providing your email, you are agreeing to be opted-in to our email list and receive emails from California Tactical Academy. I have read and fully understand all of the above Firearm Shooting Range Use Safety Rules, and I agree to strictly abide by each Firearm Shooting Range Use Safety Rule, and the commands and instructions of the Range Masters/Officers, today and on all future dates.