Introduction to the Steel Challenge Speed Shooting Competition
- The Rules of Steel Shooting
- Divisions in competition
- How to Practice
- How to Compete
Addressing Common Misconceptions Such As:
- The Challenge is a speed shooting match – Wrong
- Shooting slow is more accurate than shooting fast – Wrong
- I need to shoot 50,000 rounds of ammo to get fast – Wrong
- It takes super coordination to shoot fast and accurately – Wrong
- I can’t shoot as fast as the Pros – Wrong
Basic Speed Shooting Fundamentals:
- Body Position – Stance
- Body Position – Index
- Body Position – Isolation of the three body parts, hips, shoulders, eyes
- Body Position – Less is Best
- The importance of building a simple manual of arms and sticking to the routine
Learning the 8 current Stages of Fire that make up the Steel Challenge
- Names of the stages and the skills each stage tests.
- The best order of engagement for the best result
- Which stages should I practice the most
- Which stages should I push for speed vs. cruse for consistency
- How to track my improvement
Basic understanding of the NRA four rules of safe gun handling
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded
- Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it
- Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot
Items needed for the course:
- .22 caliber, 9mm, .40, .45 pistol in good condition ( .22 LR is recommended)
- 5 working magazines for the pistol
- A gun rug, pouch with zipper or gun bag as the range is a cold range and no gun handling off the line is allowed.
- 500 rounds of .22 standard or high vel. Ammo, no hyper velocity ammo
- Ammo available at the range if ordered ahead of time
- Snacks and plenty of water
- Notebook and pen
- Eye and ear protection
- Sunscreen, hats, short sleeve shirts and pants are ok with sunscreen, but long pants and sleeves are recommended.
- Closed-toe shoes, tennis shoes or tactical shoes recommended
- A cleaned gun in advance of the course and additional cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Check-In: 8:00 am
- Start Time: 9:00 am
- End Time: 2:00 pm
NEW NEW NEW!!
Now you can rent all the required gear and buy ammo here at the range!
Rent firearms, holsters, belts, eye and ear protection, etc!
Check out our available firearms inventory for rent!
Contact us for more details:
805-398-0003 / email@example.com