Short Range Rifle Course
This course is designed for the rifle shooter who wants to develop proficiency for short range engagements. This would be suitable for Law Enforcement and the civilian who might anticipate using the rifle indoors or in an urban environment.
The class will include target engagements from 1 to 50 yards, multiple targets, barricades, shooting on the move, and rifle to pistol transitions. The class is suitable for any rifle including AR-15 clones, semi-automatic rifles, bolt action and lever action rifles.
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of rifle marksmanship and pistol marksmanship. The student should be comfortable with the pistol presentation from the holster.
Please bring the following to the course:
1. Rifle. Center fire only, no rimfire rifles. The rifle should be equipped with a sling.
2. Three magazines if magazine fed.
3. Center fire handgun and three magazines or three speed loaders if using a revolver.
4. 350 rounds of Rifle and 50 rounds of handgun ammo.
5. Proper clothing for the weather.
6. Snacks, lunch and plenty of water.
7. Please clean your guns in advance of the course or bring your gun cleaning kit with you.
8. Notebook and pen.
9. Eye and ear protection.
10. Sunscreen, hats, long sleeves shirts, long pants, training shoes.
11. Belt, holster, magazine pouch or other means of carrying additional ammunition, weapon cleaning equipment.
12. Knee and elbow pad- optional.
0800: Introduction and safety briefing.
0830: Review of fundamentals of Rifle and pistol marksmanship. Dry and live fire.
0900: Transitions to pistol. Dry and live fire.
1000: Turns and pivots to target.
1030: Reloading from slide lock. Dry and live fire.
1100: Tactical reloading. Dry and live fire.
1130: Shooting on the move. Dry and live fire.
1330: Shooting from behind cover.
1500: Small target engagement.