You must take the online exam before attending this course!!
The online course, alone, is NOT a qualification for a hunter education certificate. Once you have completed an online course, you will still need to attend THIS 4-hour follow up class with a certified Hunter Education Instructor. Access is permitted to THIS 4-hour follow-up class only after a student has completed the Online
component of the class.
Below are instructions for completing the online class:
1) Go online and register for a “GO ID” at the Ca. Dept of fish and wildlife.
2) Take one of the below online classes. There is a fee for the online class. Please allow 4-6 hrs for the online class. You may have to cut and paste the URL to your browser. The first link is my favorite:
3) Print out your certificate of completion and bring it to this 4 hr follow-up class.
4) Register for the 4hr follow-up class.
• 8:00- 8:30 Sign in and Introduction
• 8:30-9:30 Firearm Safety and firearm types
Students will learn firearm safety and types of firearms and firearm actions used for hunting.
Students will also learn about shotgun chokes, gauges, rifle calibers, cartridges and shotshells.
• 9:30-10:30 Hunting strategies and survival techniques
Students will learn different ways to hunt and survive in the woods.
• 10:30-11:15 Test review
• 11:15-12:00 100 Question Written Test & Practical Test
• Students who are able to pass the written test will be issued a Hunter Education Certificate.
This card will enable you to purchase a California Hunting License.
Do I need to bring my firearms to the class?
No firearms are required for the classes.
Can I shoot in the range after the class?
Yes! your range fee is included with the course tuition.
What happens if I don’t pass the exam?
If you fail to score a minimum 80% on the test, you can come back the following course or at any time a class is scheduled to test again.
What’s the passing score?
To pass the test, the minimum score is 80%. That’s 80 questions right, out 100!
Is it an open book test?
What does the Hunter test contain?
The written test that is given at the end of the day consists of 100 questions. Out of the 100 questions, 50% is True/False & 50% Multiple Choice.
Is the Hunter License Valid in other States?
Yes, your Hunter Education Certificate in recognized in all states that require it. Also good in Canada and Mexico.
What’s the minimum age to take the class?
There is no minimum age, however the study material is at a 5th grade level or suggested minimum age 10 years.
Course cost: $50 which includes same day Public Range fees for the rest of the day!
NEW NEW NEW!!
Now you can rent all the required gear and buy ammo here at the range!
Rent firearms, holsters, belts, eye and ear protection, etc!
Check out our available firearms inventory for rent!
Contact us for more details:
805-398-0003 / firstname.lastname@example.org