Beginner Rifle Course LVL 1
Learn the long range shooting basics and train with our veteran instructor Mike Lazarus in this Beginner Rifle course designed for new rifle shooters and those looking to create stronger foundation for their rifle skills.
Prerequisites: None. Normally, each student supplies their own rifle. Otherwise, firearm rental is available at the Pro Shop on site, provided you are a legal firearm owner.
Please clean and lubricate your gun in advance of the course or bring your gun cleaning kit with you.
Please bring the following to the course:
- Rifle, centerfire only, no rimfire firearms. The rifle should be properly sighted in prior to the class. If you are concerned about your rifle zero or sighting system, contact CTA about arranging a brief private session to zero your rifle.
- If using a magazine fed rifle, at least two magazines. For all other rifles, a means of carrying spare ammunition on your body is suggested.
- Minimum 200 rounds ammunition.
- Proper clothing for the weather.
- Snacks, lunch and plenty of water.
- Notebook and pen.
- Eye and ear protection (available to rent on site).
- Sunscreen, hats, long sleeves shirts, long pants, training shoes.
- Sling, optics or iron sights, based on the shooters desires.
- Gloves and elbow pad (optional).
Check out some shooting range gear tips by the instructor before you take a class.
0800- 0830 Introduction and safety brief.
0830-0845 Rifle nomenclature and basic functions/cycle
0845-0915 Loading and unloading in an administrative setting. Dry practice.
0915-0945 Fundamentals of marksmanship, lecture.
0945-1000 Dry practice of fundamentals.
1000-1100 Live fire, prone position marksmanship fundamentals. 50 yard zero confirmation.
1100-1130 Kneeling position. Dry practice and live fire.
1130-1215 Lunch break
1215-1300 Live fire practice of fundamentals of marksmanship and standing position.
1300-1315 Reloading under stress, lecture.
1315-1330 Reloading, dry practice.
1330-1400 Reloading, live fire. This block will also stress marksmanship and various positions.
1400-1415 Tactical reloading, lecture.
1415-1430 Tactical reloading, dry practice.
1430-1530 Live fire from 25 yards to 200 yards.
1530-1600 Malfunctions, lecture and dry practice.
1600-1615 Malfunction drills, live fire.
1615-1700 Live fire drills.
Mike Lazarus holds 27 years of experience as law enforcement officer, as well as 19 years SWAT including sniper, assaulter, team sergeant, FBI certified firearm instructor, MP5 and Sub Machine gun instructor, Defensive tactics instructor, Police Academy instructor, 13 years of experience in the US Army with multiple overseas deployments. Airborne, SOTIC, PSD, SRT, small arms armorer, various other military schools, Faculty member in California State University, Northridge and Ventura College. Hobbies include outdoor sports, hunting, competitive shooting.
NEW NEW NEW!!
Now you can rent all the required gear and buy ammo here at the range!
Rent firearms, holsters, belts, eye and ear protection, etc!
Check out our available firearms inventory for rent!
Contact us for more details:
805-398-0003 / firstname.lastname@example.org