- Safety Rules and Procedures: The 4 Basic Rules of Firearms Safety
- Safe Gun Handling while competing i.e., muzzle discipline and the 180 degrees of safety
- Loading and Unloading on the Firing Line
- Trigger Finger Discipline
Introduction to Competition Shooting (Rules)
- Scoring: Bonuses and Penalties
- Courses of Fire
- Targets: Stationary, Reactionary and Point Values
Introduction to Shooting Concepts
- Precision Shooting
- Speed Shooting
- How to Combine the two
Sights and Sight Pictures
- The Right Sights on Your Pistol for the Sport Your Shooting
- The Right Sight Picture for the Speed and Accuracy of the Course of Fire
- How to Acquire Your Sights Through Proper Grip and Body Position.
Stance, Grip and Drawing
- Optimum Body Position for Acquiring Target Acquisition
- The Proper Grip to Control Recoil for High Speed Shooting
Magazine Loading and Exchanging
- Proper Indexing Techniques
- When and Where
Mastering the Trigger: The Key to a Successful Match
- Staging the Trigger vs Slamming the Trigger
- Setting the Trigger for Accurate Speed
Practical Application of Speed and Accuracy (Live Fire)
- Eye Drills: High Speed Shooting is High Speed Seeing
- Target Acquisition at Match Speed
- How to Deal with Plate Racks, Spinners, Texas Stars and Dueling Trees
Stage Strategies and Positioning (Live Fire)
- Developing A Plan and executing it.
- Designating Positions Versus Hunting for Targets
Mental Management: Dealing with Nerves (Live Fire)
- Winning the Battle of the Conscious Mind vs. Subconscious Mind
- Semi-Automatic Pistol (9 mm, 38 Super, 40, 45) and 500 rounds for your gun. Call to arrange ammunition if needed.
- 4 or more Working Magazines with Holders for the Belt
- Commercial Grade Holster (Outside the Belt)
- Eye and Ear Protection, Hat; Ball Cap or Wide Brim Type.
- Food and Water to Sustain You for the Day
- Check-In 8:00 am
- Start Time 9:00 am
- End Time 2:00 pm
Available Spots: 10
Chief Instructor: Joe “Lefty” Alesia
Certified FBI Instructor for Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun.
Over 30 years experience as a law enforcement and civilian firearms instructor.
World Champion titles in S.A.S.S., W3G and Steel Challenge SA Revolver.
NEW NEW NEW!!
Now you can rent all the required gear and buy ammo here at the range!
Rent firearms, holsters, belts, eye and ear protection, etc!
Check out our available firearms inventory for rent!
Contact us for more details:
805-398-0003 / email@example.com