PIRU HOLDINGS LLC
FIREARM RENTAL, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
FIREARM SHOOTING RANGE SAFETY USE RULES
All persons using the Piru Holding LLC Shooting Range in accordance with this Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement must please:
All persons going on the Shooting Range shall be bound by this
Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement
1. Piru Holdings LLC Firearm Rental Policy. In consideration of entering into this Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, the Piru Holding LLC Shooting Range (the “Shooting Range”) offers patrons the rental of certain types of its firearms for proper training and/or daily use at the Shooting Range only. However, there are certain requirements that are mandated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) that must be followed as well as our policies for patrons to rent for use on the Shooting Range.
Gun Rental Policies:
• For rifle and shotgun rentals you must be at least 18 years of age.
• You must present a valid identification card showing your age.
• You must strictly adhere to the instructions at the top of this page.
• You must use our ammunition bought in our pro-shop.
2 Acknowledgement of Danger. I acknowledge that foreseeable and unforeseeable extreme dangers are associated with the use of firearms for training, practicing and for sport on the Shooting Range which present a risk of DEATH, SERIOUS BODILY INJURY/DISABILITY, AND/OR SERIOUS PROPERTY DAMAGE. I further acknowledge that no matter what precautions I may take, including but not limited to the required wearing of various types of protective gear (including hearing and eye protection), that I could experience injury of a very serious nature, become disabled and/or die as a result of an accident or incident. I therefore engage in such inherently dangerous activities voluntarily and at my own risk.
3. Assumption of Risks. I acknowledge and represent that I am familiar with the significant risks and extremely dangerous nature, including but not limited to causing death, serious bodily injury or permanent disability to myself and others, and causing damage(s) to property, which originate with the use of firearms for training, practicing and for sport on the Shooting Range. I hereby assume any and all responsibilities and liabilities pertaining to such risks and dangers, whether to myself or to others and without limitation or qualification. There have not been any express or implied representations to me on behalf of Piru Holdings LLC except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, if any. If I am unwilling or unable to accept such dangers and risks, then I shall not engage in the use of firearms for training, practicing and for sport on the Shooting Range.
4. Physical and Mental Condition. I warrant and represent that at the time of signing this Document, I am in sufficient physical and mental condition to engage in Tactical Training. I agree to notify, in writing, Piru Holdings LLC if there is a change in my physical and mental condition.
5. Condition of Equipment. I warrant and represent that I have, prior to engaging in any training, practicing or for sport on the Shooting Range, determined that, by professional standards, my shooting equipment, ammunition any other type of weapon and all related gear are in good condition and suitable for Tactical Training contemplated by this Release Agreement. By renting from Piru Holding LLC a firearm, any other type of weapon or related gear, I understand and agree that I am solely responsible to inspect all rentals to be in good condition and suitable to engage in the shooting activities contemplated by this Document. Any ammunition purchased or obtained from Piru Holdings LLC will only be used at its Shooting Range. I acknowledge that ammunition, both factory and reloaded, are subject to defects.
6. Comprehensive Release and Hold Harmless. I do hereby, on behalf of myself and my heirs executors, administrators, assigns and legal and personal representatives, unconditionally and irrevocably release and forever discharge Piru Holdings LLC and Even Management Corporation, their successors, assigns, owners, members, managers, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, independent contractors, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each, every and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with any of them (collectively, “Released Parties”) on all matters and consequences contemplated by this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement. I further do hereby on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns and legal and personal representatives agree not to sue, or otherwise initiate legal, equitable or similar action, or to otherwise file a complaint or other action for controversy resolution or otherwise seek losses, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, fixed or contingent, including without limitation, wrongful death, and any and all personal injuries including any type of disability, known or unknown, and death and/or personal injuries to third parties including any type of disability, and injuries to property, real or personal, known or unknown, against any of the Released Parties, caused by any reason whatsoever related to my use of the rented firearms at the Shooting Range or about the premises and/or facilities of the Shooting Range. This Release shall pertain to any claims which were known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated at the time of the execution of this Document, including any information of any nature which, if known by me on the date of said execution, may have materially affected my decision to execute this Document and specifically this Release.
7. WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542. I acknowledge and agree that by reason of the Release and Hold Harmless set forth in paragraph 6 above, I am assuming all risk of bodily injury including any disability, death or property damage and all other unknown and unanticipated claims, and I agree that my Release of all Released Parties contained in this Release applies thereto. In connection therewith, I expressly waive whatever benefits I may have under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which reads as follows: “A General Release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
8. Indemnity. I hereby indemnify, without qualification or limitation, the Released Parties and defend and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands or charges of every kind and nature, which any third party or person may claim to have or to hold for property damage or personal injuries or any other damages including death and any type of disability, arising from any cause or reason, of every kind and nature pertaining to this Release Agreement originating from my relationship with any of the Released Parties and any activity directly or indirectly arising from or contemplated by this Release Agreement.
9. Video/Photograph Release.
a. All activities on the Shooting Range may be photographed and/or video recorded. Piru Holdings LLC reserved the right to send marketing and advertising materials to your email address of record.
b. I grant to Piru Holdings LLC the irrevocable right and permission to use photographs and/or video recordings of me on websites and in publications, promotional flyers, educational materials, derivative works, or for any other purpose without compensation to me.
c. I understand and agree that such photographs and/or video recordings of me may be placed on the Internet. I also understand and agree that I may be identified by name and/or title in printed, Internet or broadcast information that might accompany the photographs and/or video recordings of me. I waive the right to approve the final product. I agree that all such portraits, pictures, photographs, video and audio recordings, and any reproductions thereof, and all plates, negatives, recording tape and digital files are and shall remain the property of the Company.
d. I hereby release, acquit and forever discharge Piru Holdings LLC, Even Management Corporation, their agents, officers, manager, members, employees and assignees from any and all claims, demands, rights, promises, damages and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use or distribution of said photographs and/or video recordings, including but not limited to any claims for invasion of privacy, appropriation of likeness or defamation.
10. Competent to Contract; Binding. I warrant that I am twenty-one (21) years old or more and competent to contract in my own name as well as legally allowed to handle firearms, purchase ammunition and participate in shooting activities at the Shooting Range. This Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement is binding on me and my heirs, assigns, agents, employees and personal representatives.
11. Governing Law; Attorney’s Fees. This Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Should any party to this Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement institute any legal action or proceeding, including an arbitration or mediation, against the other party, at law or in equity, in connection with this Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, the prevailing party of such action shall be entitled to recover from the losing party or parties all reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs for service rendered to the prevailing party in such action or proceeding.
12. Additional Regulations. I have read and understand, and I agree to follow the regulations set forth in the separate document entitled “Firearm Shooting Range Safety Use Rules,” attached as Exhibit “B” and incorporated herein by this reference.
My signature on this Document, on the last page, evidences that I have read this entire Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it completely, and agree to be strictly bound by its terms.
FIREARM SHOOTING RANGE SAFETY RULES
PIRU HOLDINGS LLC
The following safety rules shall be applicable, and strictly adhered, to by everyone who enters the Piru Holdings LLC Shooting Range (the “Shooting Range”):
IF IN DOUBT REGARDING ANY OF OUR RULES, PLEASE ASK ANY OF THE LINE OFFICERS OR RANGE MASTER ON DUTY IN THE RANGE OFFICE.
I have carefully read and fully understand all of the above Firearm Shooting Range Use Safety Rules, and I agree to strictly abide by each Firearm Shooting Range Use Safety Rule, and the commends and instructions of the Range Masters/Officers, today and on all future dates.
Applicant Information (Please Print):
If applicable, print the name of Minor(s) for whom you are the legal guardian and who will be under my supervision while on the Shooting Range:
Representations and Warranties to be relied upon by Piru Holding LLC (Check the applicable box for each question): YES NO
*If you do not know how to use a firearm, please notify our staff in the Range Office BEFORE taking the firearm onto the shooting line. Depending on the availability of Range personal, we will instruct you on the safe operation of firearms•
Date and sign below, and then please then return “this Document”, with Exhibits “A” and “B”, to the Range Office for processing.
BY SIGNING BELOW, I CERTIFY THAT: (a) I am experienced and skilled in the proper handling, loading, use, and discharge of all firearms, ammunition and other weapons that I intend to use at the Range; (b) I agree to absolutely and unequivocally release from any liability and hold harmless the Piru Holding LLC, DBA California tactical academy a California limited liability company and Even Management Corporation and any and all of their employees, instructors, agents, representatives, officers, managers, members, directors and shareholders with respect to my use of the facilities of the Piru Holding LLC Shooting Range; AND (c) I shall be bound by the Firearm Rental, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement attached above as Exhibit “A” and the Firearm Shooting Range Use Safety Rules attached above as Exhibit “B”.
Leave this empty:
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Firearm Rental
Agree & Sign